Open Letter from Coach Caroline to All Parents
CrossFit Edwardsville Kids are reaching new heights in the area of fitness! Not only that but some of our kids have had a positive impact on their academic achievement! Just ask Isayah! Before becoming a CFE Kids Athlete Isayah earned Bs and Cs. Just after a month of CFE Kids his confidence on the basketball court increased and he became leading rebounder and took more shots on the court. Not only that but he even made the honor roll! What an accomplishment!
If you would like to see your child excel in school and the sports in which they may be participating we invite you to sign your child up for CFE Kids! CFE Kids is designed for all children ages 8-12 years old, and introduces them to the fundamental techniques and concepts of fitness in a way that is fun, exciting and educational.
Our kids classes are headed by Coach Caroline. Allow her to coach your child in this exciting experience! This is a great opportunity for you to see your child in action and blossom into an active, healthy athlete.
You are welcome to stay while your child participates in CFE Kids. This is a great opportunity for you to watch your child blossom into an active, healthy athlete. However, please make sure that you are allowing the coaches at CrossFit Edwardsville to coach your child and your comments from the sidelines remain limited. The nature of this program is a constantly varied flow of functional movements, so there will be both new and familiar experiences every day. With every new movement and repeated past movement, your child will grow, so please allow them to work through our class with the support of our well-trained coaches. Contact your child’s coach with any questions or comments you may have at the end of each session, and please remember, we are here to have fun!
Your child’s safety is my goal, and I am asking for your help with this. Below are some rules that we must enforce to best protect your child:
- Walk your child(ren) inside the building for the start of class and come inside to pick them up.
- Your child may only go home with an approved person who you have on file.
- Please make sure to make contact with me when picking up your child.
- A waiver, signed by a parent or legal guardian, is required for each child before he/she is allowed to participate in a class.
- Please reserve your child’s spot prior to class and when you arrive with your child have them check in at the front kiosk.
- Please make sure your child has a bottle of water or a bottle that can be filled.
- Please make sure your child is wearing clothes and shoes appropriate for running, jumping, rolling, pulling, swinging, climbing, crawling, throwing, and being upside down. (CFE t-shirt is recommended).
- If you choose to stay and watch the class (which I hope you do), please do not coach your child however we do appreciate cheering.
- Children with disciplinary problems will be handled as follows: first warning-free of consequence, second warning-sit out the first 2 minutes of the activity, third warning-go to the parent. I will use these key words for clarities sake “first warning…” and so on.
- Children must remain in the child workout area: it may change daily, but will be identified. For safety reasons, children cannot run around and play on equipment. The only time they may be on equipment is when I am working with them.
- Finally, please make sure I am aware of any special needs for your child (i.e.,. medications, illness, physical/mental limitations, injury, sports, etc.).
I look forward to getting to know all of you and training your child to the best of my ability. If you have any feedback, praise, or concerns please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form on the Programs/Pricing page, and I will get back to you shortly!