CrossFit Gymnastics Level 1 Trainer Course
Event category: CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer Course
Hosted by: CrossFit Edwardsville
Location: 18 Kettle River Drive, Glen Carbon, Illinois, 62034
Date: Saturday June 24 & Sunday June 25
Time: 8 am- 5 pm each day
Sign Up: Click here to register.
More info here:
This interactive two-day course covers basic, intermediate and advanced gymnastics movements in a lecture setting, with practical application following as participants and coaches perform all presented movements. Skills are repeated until the student has an understanding of how to learn, spot and teach all movements safely to athletes of any level. Gymnastics programming is also discussed. Course participants learn to apply gymnastics principles in training themselves and others to increase strength development, core control and spatial awareness – all of which improve CrossFit performance.
The Gymnastics Course teaches participants about:
- Flexibility and mobility warm-ups - Variations on a myriad of dynamic warm-ups and static stretches, including pistols, and balance work.
- Basic strength – development for disadvantaged leverage and basic prowess in gymnastics movements.
- Parallette work – handstands, L-sits, stretching, handstand push-ups, range-of-motion/extended-range-of-motion training.
- Ring variations – core-training exercises, support work, proper hand placement, L-sits, iron-cross progressions, dislocates, presses, muscle-ups and muscle-up drills, kips, handstands, and conditioning.
- Rope-climb technique - variations on ascent styles and development of upper-body needs.
- Bar variations – handstands, back levers, skin-the-cats, L-sit pull-up variations, stretching, kipping swings, chest-to-bar pull-ups, butterfly kipping, pull-overs, bar muscle-ups.
- Handstand variations – handstand push-ups, handstand forward rolls, balance work, presses to handstands, L-sits to handstands, handstand walking, planche demo (and progressions).
- How to coach, spot and scale all elements for practice and workouts.
GoRuck Firebase June Event
Our next public GoRuck event has been set for Saturday, June 3 from 7-8 am, at CrossFit Edwardsville, and organized by the ruck aficionados of CrossFit Edwardsville. Read this message from them....
"Our next RUCK workout day is coming. We do it from 7am - 8am. It will build community and teamwork. Ruck days will not just be just workouts, but "classes" teaching people leadership, teamwork, and communication. It will be fun. Here are key points...
1. Be ready to move and warmed up by 7AM on the dot.
2. You do not need your own ruck or bag, but if you can bring one please do.
3. This hour is not just a workout, it is a class in teamwork, leadership, and communication.
4. Wear gear appropriate for outdoors, and something you don't mind getting a little dirty.
5. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED WE ALL HAVE A MORNING BEER IMMEDIATELY AFTER!!!
These ruck sessions will build confidence, self esteem and show what you're capable of - just like a GORUCK event does every time do these with little lessons and tests."
Sign up to join us for free: CLICK HERE to go to the official event registration page.
CrossFit Level 1 Certificate Course
Event category: CrossFit's Level 1 Certificate Course
Hosted by: CrossFit Edwardsville
Location: 18 Kettle River Drive, Glen Carbon, IL 62034
Date: Saturday, July 29 and Sunday, July 30
Time: 8-5 pm each day
Overview: The Level 1 course is an introduction to CrossFit's methodology and foundational movements. The course includes classroom instruction on these topics, as well as hands-on small-group training for the movements. These group sessions are conducted under low intensity with a focus on improving mechanics. Students’ movements are observed and Students’ movements are observed and corrected, and they engage in dialogue concerning effective coaching techniques. Large group CrossFit workouts are conducted as an example of bridging the gap from theory to practice. These workouts provide examples of how to conduct a class, hold a standard of effective technique at high intensity, and scale for any ability level.
Register: CLICK HERE and search for CrossFit Edwardsville to find the registration link.